Tuesday, December 22, 2009

End of the homeschooling road

My son is glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel. He is almost done with homeschooling. He is anxious to be independent and adventurous. Talking to military recruiters and planning his future is his main focus these days. By May he will have not only finished high school with me but will have college credits too as he has taken several classes at Metropolitan Community College for dual enrollment.
The many lessons I have learned from homeschooling him I will save for another day but there are a few important lessons I hope he learned:
God created you and loves you
Family is forever
Do for others
Never stop learning
Think before you act
Of course there is more but that is what comes to me off the top of my head. His little sister is seven so I have at least ten more years of homeschooling to enjoy!

No comments: